I'm very surprised to see this game release for the PC platform as I wasn't expecting anything from Capcom or even from DMC series. Looks like this action game is rather being highly anticipated in several other game release sites due to its high pc requirements in order to play this game to 60fps. On one of the screenshots, 50.22fps was recorded on an 8800GT card so basically, will or would an 8800GTX or higher, achieve its 60fps gameplay? I'm never a fan of DMC series, even the animated series. Tried to play DMC3 which was ported from a console platform, it did not fully utilize my 256mb 7600GT and also did not support my monitor resolution. I promptly uninstalled it afterwards. If I had to play DMC4, looks like it will be my 1st ever experience and I'm crossing my fingers that it will impress me, alot!
After 3 installments, the acclaimed Capcom action series continues! Devil May Cry 4 is an epic story where the lines between good and evil are constantly blurred. Taking full advantage of the advanced graphical and processing power of the next-gen systems and Windows PC it draws gamers into the rich and highly detailed world of Fortuna and its surrounds with more enemies than ever before and some of the most breath-taking bosses ever conceived. Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies Unique Devil Bringer arm opens up a range of never seen before combo options Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities Numerous new characters and environments Signature blend of guns and swordplay.
Long ago the Dark Knight Sparda rebelled against the dark emperor and waged a one-man war to save humanity. Thousands of years later, a religious organization worships this renowned savior and has taken it upon themselves to rid the world of all evil. Residing in Fortuna, this organization is known as the "Order of the Sword," and is made up of an elite group of "Holy Knights."
One day a young knight named Nero witnesses Sparda's legendary son Dante slaughter his fellow warriors. Has the renowned devil hunter turned his back on mankind? What does this encounter mean for these two individuals?
In Devil May Cry 4, players control the formidable Nero who comes to grips with his newly found power as his beliefs and allegiance are tested. Continuing the legacy of fast paced action synonymous with the series, Devil May Cry 4 pushes the envelope of excellence even further with the inclusion of a new combat system that incorporates Nero's "Devil Bringer." This new feature has players delivering overwhelming damage to enemies with non-stop combos, while gaining new power for Nero's right arm.
- 60 frames per second
- Blend of familiar and new: newcomer Nero clashes with veteran Dante
- New characters and environments
- Signature blend of guns and swordplay
- Deep combo system rewards stylish dispatching of enemies
- Unique "Devil Bringer" arm opens up a range of combo options
- Distinct set of weaponry and moves for Nero and Dante
- Exceed System allows Nero to charge up his sword with a throttle effect, revving up to three levels with powerful attack options
- New active style change system for Dante allows him to switch styles and weapons on the fly, producing crazy combo possibilities
- Turbo mode will turn-up the action to insane speeds
- Legendary Dark Knight Mode will harness advanced PC processing power and fill the screen with an unbelievable number of enemies for extra difficulty
- Familiar enemies from the console versions will show-up in new locations
- High resolution screen settings allow the cut scenes of the game to run at up to 120 frames per second (up from 60 frames per second)
- Benchmark Testing lets users test PC performance to run DMC4 through a series of intense boss fights
- PC Settings allow you to customize graphic resolutions, texture sizes, and a frame rate in accordance with your PC
- Compatible with Games for Windows, DirectX 9 and DirectX 10
Minimum System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/Vista
Processor: Pentium 4 @ 3 GHz
Memory: 512 MB (1 GB for Vista)
Video Memory: 256 MB (nVidia GeForce 6600 SM3 Required)
Recommended System Requirements
OS: Windows XP/Vista
Processor: Intel Core 2 DUO
Memory: 1 GB (2 GB for Vista)
Video Memory: 512 MB (nVidia GeForce 8600)